In the heart of the Marais Vendéen, let yourself be guided through the narrow streets of Sallertaine, which has been awarded the "Ville & Métiers d'Art" label.
An arts and crafts village
A gentle magic invites you to stroll around, meet the artisans and discover their workshops. Most of them are open all year round, sharing their skills with passion. Come and immerse yourself in their creative worlds: jewellers, glass-blowers, ceramists, embroiderers, enamellers, upholsterers and painter-decorators are just some of the trades you can discover. Some of them even offer to teach you their skills!
The "Ile aux Artisans" association
Made up of around twenty creative craft workshops, this (a)typical village is home to a veritable treasure chest. All year round, the artisans organise events to thrill your senses.
- Archipelago . An artistic walk that invites visitors to discover original, large-scale works of art exhibited outside the walls. From June to September
- Gourmet Fridays . Local producers' market . July and August
- UnisSons . A festive evening of concerts and a giant table . July
- Night of Fire . An evening dedicated to craftsmanship around the fire . August
- Festival of Lights . A magical weekend of street art, illuminated displays, a gourmet market and the opening of craft workshops. November
- Gift time . Christmas at the craftsmen's . December